Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Music Recommendations

This week's recommendation comes from Sovereign Grace Music which is part of Sovereign Grace Ministries. The music of Sovereign Grace has encouraged me on two levels. First, and primarily, the texts and themes are theologically rich. The lyrics are both beautiful and profound. They maintain both depth and accessibility. Second, the music is alive. Pleasing to the ear, moving to the soul. Their songs consistently give me something to sing and say to the Lord. I have heard most of their recordings, and I haven't heard a bad one yet. I'll start by recommending their latest album Sons & Daughters, written around the theme of adoption. YES! I've mentioned this recording in a previous post, but it's worth mentioning again in this context. If you already have that one, you might try Come Weary Saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment