Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire

"What we needed instead was a fresh wind and fresh fire. We needed the Holy Spirit to transform the desperate lives all around us. I despaired at the thought that my life might slip by without seeing God show himself mightily on our behalf. Carol and I didn't want merely to mark time. I longed and cried out for God to change everything - me, the church, our passion for people, our praying. One day I told the Lord that I would rather die than merely tread water throughout my career in the ministry...always preaching about the power of the Word and the Spirit, but never seeing it. I abhorred the thought of just having more church services. I hungered for God to break through in our lives and ministry."


(from the book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by the pastor of Brooklyn Tabernacle Church, Jim Cymbala)

No comments:

Post a Comment