Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It Must Just Be Me

When I was reading this morning the following verse made me laugh...

"Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him." (Matthew 24:1)

I've read it before and didn't find anything humorous in it. So I wanted to see if maybe I was just losing my mind (which, if you know me, is quite possible). I got to the office and looked for notes on the subject from several sources I trust. Nope, nothing. So again, it's probably just me, but here's what made me laugh. Jesus was leaving the temple and the disciples came to point out the temple buildings. HELLO, MACFLY!! Can you say, "Captain Obvious"?

Here are several thoughts the laughter prompted...
1. When we're just showing up, Jesus has been there before us.
2. When we're lecturing Jesus on what is and what isn't, He is completely aware and informed.
3. Jesus doesn't need ANYTHING from us, and yet He chooses us to be a part of what He's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment