Sunday, March 13, 2011

On My Mind

The very first thing that ran through my mind this morning was, "The alarm clock is going off!" The second thing that ran through my mind was, "Man, it's early!!!" Not only was it early, it was EXTRA early because of Daylight Savings Time. After these two less than comforting thoughts, my mind drifted into auto-pilot for several moments, but not much time passed when a totally unrelated thought came to mind. "And if our God is for us, then who can stand against us." I saw Chris Tomlin the night before, so the thought and the song were fresh on my mind. The next thought that came to mind was, "In my place, condemned He stood." The more I thought about it, the more thankful I became. There are so many ways that God is for us, but the most amazing way is Jesus standing in our place, for our punishment. God for us in Christ. Righteousness for condemnation. Glory for shame. Hallelujah, what a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment