Monday, March 21, 2011

Friends

"Packing up the dreams God planted in the fertile soil of you. Can't believe the hope He's granted..."

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to get carried away. That song just gets me every time. But seriously...
Friends are worth singing about. They aren't automatic and real ones aren't easy to come by. If you have one or two genuine friends, consider yourself extraordinarily blessed. I'm not talking about Facebook friends, or friends that keep you up-to-date on the latest gossip, but real life friends that reflect Christ and help you love Him more. You smile when you see them, you laugh and cry when you're with them, you pray with them and for them, you're sad when you part ways, and your life is better, even fuller, for having been with them. You actually want to serve God more faithfully because of their example. In the past week I have talked with, or been with, some of these kind of friends. I thank God for their friendship and for all the ways that He has used them to enrich my life and the lives of my family.

"And friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them..."

No comments:

Post a Comment