Friday, May 6, 2011

A Different Kind of Music Recommendation

Certain music and musicians have been with me for years. You know what I mean? It seems like no matter where I've been, no matter what's been going on in my life, their songs have brought me great joy, peace and happiness. Other songs, and albums, and artists, although enjoyable and meaningful at the time, have come and gone like the latest fashion. Then there's an entirely different category. These artists just kind of slip into my life. For some, I don't even remember how I became aware of their music. There aren't many that fall into this category. Somehow though, by God's grace toward me, specifically to me, He has occasionally provided an artist that ministers to my heart and soul at just the right moment. In those moments it's really not about music anymore. In those moments the sweet Spirit of God is lifting my eyes toward Him. He is rescuing me all over again. One of those artist is Rita Springer. From the very first time I heard her almost 10 years ago, through the release of her latest album this week, God has used her powerfully to minister His grace to me. Rita, the Lord has sung over me through your ministry. I could never say thank you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment